Tuesday, January 14, 2014

NARS Sheer Matte Foundation REVIEW!!


This foundation comes in two different finishes. Matte, and sheer. I choose matte because some foundations appear oily on my skin, even though I don't have oily skin. Matte foundations are meant for people with oily skin because they help to control the oil. Nars foundations come with a pump and are in a glass bottle. As far as the formula,This didn't make my skin feel tight at all. I have dry skin and I didn't feel like my skin was too dry. The formula does contain parabens so if your trying to avoid them, don't use this. As far as the coverage goes, it was a medium coverage. It is a buildable foundation but your not going to get a full coverage foundation out of this. The finish of this is a soft matte. I liked the way this looked on the skin. It looked natural but at the same time i made my skin look better.The foundation didn't last all day, which was sad but it could have to do with the fact I used a different primer. In general Nars is more directed towards people with yellow skin tones. I have a blue undertone so it doesn't match my skintone perfectly, but I blended it well down the neck to create the natural look. I didn't have to use a concealer with this. I used my Essence concealer just to brighten up my eyes and to highlight my nose, cupids bow and cheekbones. This foundation is $44. You can find this at Sephora, and narscosmetics.com

Pros
-Good coverage
-Lightweight
-Natural but better look on the skin
-Buildable
-Didn't leave an oily shine on the face
-pump packaging

Cons
-Yellow based foundations. They don't make a color selection for every tone
-Expensive
-Can't find it in most stores
-Not longlasting

Overall this foundation was very great. I was impressed by the coverage, the lightweight feeling, and the longlasting power it produced on my skin. This is a good foundation for people who don't like the oily look that some foundations leave. The downside is it is yellow based and some people don't like that. I would give this foundation a 7/10 only because it doesn't stay all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment