Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chemical exfoliants DIY.

If you haven't read my last post, please do. That is a blog where I explain to you the difference between AHAs and BHAs and you can determine which ones you prefer. I personally like to use AHAs but I will ocassionally use BHAs due to my blackheads. I will first show you my AHA chemical peel

- Lactic Acid Peel. I hardly ever find products with this as the main ingredient, so I decided to try out a diy one. I use Creamer/ milk. I prefer Creamer. And Cocoa Powder. The Creamer/ milk is your exfoliant. The Cocoa powder is great because it has antioxidants. Antioxidants are what neutralizes the free radicals in the skin. This is good for people trying to get rid of Age spots and fine lines and wrinkles or for people trying to prevent. You take equal parts of them and mix them together. It will be the consistency of brownie batter. I personally use a foundation brush to apply, but you can use your hands too. Let this sit on your face for at least 10 minutes or until it drys. Then take it off with a washcloth that it wet. I recommend using a wash cloth because its added exfoliation. You can rub with a wash cloth, just don't do it when you have acne, or acne prone skin.

- Salicylic peel. This is great for people with acne, acne prone skin, oily skin, or people with blackheads and whiteheads. The Salicylic is going to help the inside of the pore and the outside. It is derived from the same ingredient Aspirin is derived from. So that is why there is aspirin in this. I recommend to use the kind without the seal. There are Aspirin that do not have coating on them. I purchased mine at dollar tree. This is also anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory. You want to take 3 aspirin and put it in a dish and put a little bit of water on. This is going to loosen the aspirin up so we can mix it evenly through the mixture. I also use honey. Honey is good for people with acne because it is anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, and anti-bacterial. These are good because it helps with redness and irritation as well as the bacteria. You want to mix this together and put it on your face Leave this on for 15 minutes. Wash of with water. Honey dissolves in water, so it doesn't need to be wiped off, which is good for people with acne so you don't spread it and break pimples open.

Both of these masks, as well as all chemical exfoliants leave the skin more prone to sun damage, so use your sunscreen every day. That is very important with these. Also if you experience any burning with these masks, take it off. You don't want your skin to be raw and painful. It is normal for the skin to be pink, it may also feel like your skin is stinging, or itchy, that is normal. What is not normal is burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment