Saturday, December 28, 2013

My skincare Routine for dry skin

I personally have dry skin. Dry skin means that you lack oil. I also don't have large pores and my face feels tight if I don't moisturize it. A couple big things about a good skin regimen are moisturizing, exfoliation, and using skincare products appropriate to the skin type and condition. I don't have dehydrated skin, so my products are more directed towards the lack of oil. First lets begin with the nighttime routine.

Nighttime Routine

1. Remove makeup. I have mentioned in a previous post to use olive oil. It works great at removing makeup and dirt, as well as giving more hydration into my skin. Olive oil is very beneficial for your heath but it is also beneficial for your skin and hair. It has vitamins E and K. Some people with dark circles under there eyes might find that a vitamin K deficiency is the cause for them.

2. Cleanser. The purpose of the cleanser is to remove excess makeup, and remove dirt. The cleanser that I use is Cerave's Hydrating Cleanser. This can be found at Ulta, Walmart, and target. This is only $12.99. This has hyaluronic acid in it. Which binds moisture. This is helpful with the hydration in the skin as well as plumping the skin. This also have glycerin in it, which moisturizes the skin and makes this cleanser feel a little more of a greasy feel, but it doesn't feel greasy when you rinse it off. This cleanser also has ceramides in it which is a cell communicating ingredient. Its telling the skin to act more young, and to help with the cell turnover rate. It's fragrance free, noncomedogenic and it's not irritating.

3. Glycolic Acid. This is a chemical exfoliant, which means you let this product sit on the skin and it helps exfoliate the dead skin cells. I prefer this to manual exfoliation because this helps effect the other layers of the skin. This will help get rid of fine lines and wrinkles and it will help lighten age spots. I use Alpha Hydrox Enhanced lotion 10% Glycolic AHA. This product is pretty basic. It doesn't contain any antioxidants, but this is a good product. This is $12.99. you can find this at Ulta, or Alpha Hydrox's website.

4. Retinol. This is not an exfoliant like most people are confused with. Retinol is a cell communicating ingredient that helps the cell turnover rate. This product tells your skin to act younger, therefore making the skin cells appear more plump. I have been taking home a couple of samples from my work. The ones I like so far are: Algenist Retinol Firming and lifting serum. $98. And  Peter Thomas Roth's Retinol Fusion PM. $65. I recently bought Alpha Hydrox's Retinol ResQ. This is $14.99.

5. Moisturizer. Moisturizer is important because it helps with the hydration in your skin. If your skin is flaky then it is most likely dehydrated. I use Ceraves Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM. This is a great moisturizer. It contains hyaluronic acid, which again helps with hydration. This helps plump the skin. It also contains ceramides and niacinamide. These are great for the skin because they are cell communicating ingredients. They help the skins cell turnover rate, and they help make the cells act more younger.

6. Skin Lightener. This is important if you have age spots. I have a freckle that I absolutely hate. The skin lightener I have has 2% hydroquinone and it has 10% Glycolic acid. I use Alpha Hydrox's Spotlight Skin lightener.$10. I use this only at night and I put a dot on my spots but I don't rub it in. I find it works faster if i let it sit there rather than rubbing it. Over time you will find that the spots will seem flaky, that is suppose to happen. You should expect to see results in 4-6 weeks.

7. Vitamin E oil. this is beneficial because it is an antioxidant. Antioxidants help neutralize the free radicals found in the skin. Free Radicals are caused from sun exposure, alcohol, smoking, and pollution. The free radicals re what causes fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, and the decrease the production of collagen and elastin. I buy the biggest cheapest bottle of Vitamin E softgels. I break the softgel open and apply it on my face. sometimes I won't do this step but when i want more hydration i will use this.


My Morning Routine.

1. Cleanse. I use my Cerave Hydrating Cleanser again.

2. Moisturize. I use my Cerave facial moisturizer PM

3. Sunscreen. This is a very important product in my skincare routine. The sunscreen helps protect you from the suns rays. It has been proven that 90% of the way your skin looks is due to the sun. Only 10% comes from genetics. the reason why is the sun causes free radicals to be present in the skin. Free Radicals are what causes collagen and elastin breakdown, age spots, and fine lines and wrinkles. I use SPF 50. You should use a minimum of 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment