Saturday, December 28, 2013

Best High end eyeliners

I did a test at my work yesterday about eyeliners. I drew a swatch on my hand of every brand and when they were dry I smudged them. I was looking for: The color payoff, the texture of it going on, if it lasted long, if it smudged, and the packaging. So lets begin I will start from the best to the least impressive.

1. Too Faced Perfect eyes Eyeliner. This was in my opinion the best. It went on very black, it stayed very black for the hours I had it on my skin. It was the 2nd longest lasting eyeliner. It didn't smudge as much as the others. This is a pencil and I prefer a retractable, but I would purchase this. This is $18. You can get it at Sephora, Ulta, or toofaced.com.

2. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof eyeliner. This had the 3rd best pigment payoff. Regardless of the name, this eyeliner smudged the least! If you want to smudge it you would have to do it when you just put it on. This is $20. And this is a retractable. You can purchase this at Sephora, Ulta, and stilacosmetics.com. I do have this product and I really like it.

3. Tarte's skinny smolderEYEs Amazonian clay waterproof liner. This eyeliner has the 2nd best pigment. Its is the 3rd longest lasting. I was pleasantly surprised how black this went. This is a pencil eyeliner. It has a creamy texture to it. It has a brush on it, so if you want to smudge it make sure you do it fast. This is $19. You can purchase this at Sephora, Ulta, or tartecosmetics.com. I do like this product and I would purchase it.

4. Nars Larger than life long-wear eyeliner. This eyeliner has a good pigment. It did smudge a little bit. It went on pretty smooth. This is a pencil. It is $24. I probably wouldn't buy this, I would rather buy the previous ones. You can get it at Sephora, and Narscosmetics.

5. Smashbox's Always sharp waterproof kohl liner. This has good pigment. I prefer it to be more black. It smudged more than Nars but with that being said it didn't smudge too much. I like that this is a retractable, but it sharpens it when you put the lid on and when you take it off. I feel like that would be too much sharpening, and it would waste the product. I would not purchase this product. This is $20. you can buy this at Sephora, Ulta, or smashbox.com

6. Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes. This is long lasting. the pigment is not as good as all of the above, which is why it is here. I personally do have this liner. I like the long lasting of it. The color payoff is not as great as some others. This is a pencil and its $19. You can purchase this at Sephora and makeupforever.com

7. Benefit Cosmetics BADgal waterproof liner. This liner has a better color payoff than Makeup Forevers. However this doesn't last very long. Another disappointing this is this comes in only 3 colors and it is a pencil. This is $20, you can get this at Sephora, Benefitscosmetics and Ulta.

8. Sephora collection retractable waterproof eyeliner. This had good pigmentation. But this smudged quite a bit. Still not the worst but it doesn't last long. There is a lot of colors in this line. And the price is not bad at $12. You can get this at Sephora.

9. Bareminerals Round the clock Waterproof eyeliner. This had great color payoff. The downside is this is very creamy,it smudged a lot. On the eyes this would definitely get on the upper lid. This is also a pencil. It is $15. You can get it at Sephora, Ulta, and bareescencials.com

10. Urban Decay's 24/7 liner. This had good color, not as good as Bareminerals. But this smudged the most. I have this liner and in my experience it hasn't always gotten on my lid. But it has happened a couple times. I would not repurchase this liner. This is $19. you can get this at Sephora, Ulta, or Urbandecay.com.

This is just my test. You can try it yourself. You might find that your results would be different than mine. But I thought this would be interesting to share with you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment