Saturday, December 28, 2013

A few of my favorite things by too faced REVIEW!!




Too faced came out with two limited edition sets for the holidays. A few of my favorite things was one of them. I was very excited that I got this for Christmas. I am very happy with this kit. It comes with 20 different eyeshadow shades, 2 bronzers and 2 blushes. It also comes with The Better Than sex mascara and the Lip Injection Color Bomb in the shade Bee Sting. It sells at $56. You can purchase this at Sephora, toofaced.com, and Ulta. Okay first, let's talk about the eyeshadows. Too faced has a lot of great pigmented eyeshadows. This set contains a lot of neutrals and a few nice colors that can be played up and toned down with the other eyeshadows in the palette. These shadows are very pigmented, they are applied very easily and effortlessly. They blend well and stay all day. I applied the eyeshadow at around 7 in the morning and didn't take it off until around 9:30 pm On Christmas Eve. The eyeshadow still looked good, I could of used a touchup throughout the day. But it still looked good. Here's some swatches
1st row
2nd row

3rd row


4th row


The better than sex mascara is one of my top favorites. The brush is an hourglass shape. Usually I wouldn't like this kind of brush but for some reason it works. The formula is not too wet. It works really well with the brush in making the lashes look more voluminous and long. It makes the lashes look very full. This would be in my top 3 mascaras. If you wanted to purchase this separately, it is $23. You can find it at Sephora, Toofaced.com, Macy's and HSN.

The Lip Injection Color Bomb, in the shade bee sting is a nice dark pink. It's very natural looking on. It glides on nice and creamy. It feels tingly about a minute after it's been on your lips. It's not an intense feeling like the too faced Lip Injection Extreme. But this one is a nice subtle one for people who don't like the feeling of burning. They do sell these individually. It comes in 6 different shades. It doesn't include Bee Sting. They are 21   Dollars each. You can purchase these at Sephora, toofaced.com, or Ulta.



I would give this kit a 9/10. This is a great kit, it comes with various different eyeshadows, a nice lipstick, and a very popular mascara. The reason I didn't give it a 10/10 is because I have looked at other sets and this was the second best kit for the price. The first was the kit from Tarte. But this is a great kit and I would recommend this to beginners and people who are very experienced with makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment